Two randomly selected grocery store patrons are each asked to take a blind taste test and to the state
which of three diet colas (marked as A, B, or C) he or she prefers.
a Draw a tree diagram depicting the sample space outcomes for the test results.
b List the sample space outcomes that correspond to
each of the following events:
(1) Both patrons prefer diet cola A.
(2) The two patrons prefer the same diet cola.
(3) The two patrons prefer different diet colas.
(4) Diet cola A is preferred by at least one of the
(5) Neither of the patrons prefers diet cola C.
c Assuming that all sample space outcomes are
equally likely, fnd the probability of each of the
events given in part b.