Week 3 Assignment 1: Synthesis of Personal Strengths and Weaknesses as a Leader Paper
Value: 100 points
Due: Day 7
Grading Category: Writing Assignments
- Review the expectations outlined in the Grading Rubric for this assignment.
- In your textbook, Northouse, P. G. (2021). Introduction to leadership: Concepts and practice (5th ed.)
- Complete the "Leadership Traits Questionnaire" (Northouse, Chapter 2).
- Complete the "Leadership Strengths Questionnaire" (Northouse, Chapter 3).
The Synthesis of Personal Strengths and Weaknesses as a Leader Paper should be five pages long (not counting the cover page or references list) and must include a minimum of three scholarly references (one of which may be your required text). Your paper should reflect the following:
- What are the findings of the questionnaires?
- Discuss how your identified traits and strengths can enhance your ability to lead. How can your identified traits and weaknesses impede your ability to lead?
- How can your identified traits and strengths compare to those you have observed in nurse leaders? Create a plan to develop your strengths and address your weaknesses to meet the anticipated leadership responsibilities of your intended role (upon graduation from your program of study).
- Summarize the value of examining your leadership traits and strengths.
Please refer to the Grading Rubric for details on how this activity will be graded.
To Submit Your Assignment:
- Select the Add Submissions button.
- Drag or upload your file to the File Picker.
- Select Save Changes.